PROGRAMS: Community Blood Pressure Clinic
Our Community Blood Pressure Clinic is a non-profit Preventative Health Maintenance Program staffed by Registered Nurses to assist in detecting, monitoring, and preventing the adverse effect of high blood pressure (Hypertension).
No appointment is necessary - just 'drop in'
- any Wednesday between 8:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
- any Saturday between 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
Residents of any age on the Saanich Peninsula or Greater Victoria may participate. Referrals accepted from:
- Family & Friends
- Other Health Care Professionals
Blood Pressure clinics are offered at NO COST. Costs of the Program are unerwritten by Mount Newton Centre fundraising initiatives, donations and the United Way of Greater Victoria.
Some Facts About Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- It is one of the few chronic diseases that can be treated successfully
- It is not cured, but rather controlled with regular treatment
- It is called the “silent killer” because it causes very few symptoms until considerable damage is done
- If severe & untreated, can damage the vascular system, heart, kidneys and brain
- It is best treated through close teamwork of the Physician, individual and an on-going monitoring system