The Medical Equipment Loan Service is designed for and financially supported by the residents of the Saanich
Peninsula. It receives no government funding of any kind, and has been serving the community without
interuption since 1979.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer a comprehensive range of medical equipment. For a complete list, please click the following link: List of Available Equipment.
The Service is especially suited for individuals:
- With poor mobility and balance
- Who have difficulties transferring
- Requiring elective surgery (i.e. hip, knee, cardiac)
- Who are discharged from Acute Care & Day Hospitals and ReHab
- Wishing to participate in outings
HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. – 4:00p.m.
This service is available only to individuals living within the Saanich Peninsula north of Royal Oak Drive.
Conditions of Use
“User specific” items (eg., 4-wheeled walkers) must be ordered for the user by a Physio/Occupational Therapist prior to use.
Equipment is intended for use in the participant’s home and is not intended for use in Care Facilities, Group Homes, Acute Care, Extended or Rehab. Hospitals.
Most items See 'Mandatory Delivery' below are initially on loan for 90 days on a “donation basis”. Rental extensions for a nominal fee are available if equipment is required beyond the due date.
MEDICAL EQUIPMENT DELIVERY AND PICKUP
Mandatory delivery: Set-up, dismantling and pick-up by Mount Newton Centre Staff is mandatory for all large equipment such as hospital beds & lift chairs. Charges are:
- Lift Chairs $55.00 (includes delivery, pick up, and 1st months rent)
- Hospital Beds $140.00 (includes delivery, pick up, and 1st months rent)
Delivery and pick-up for small equipment may be arranged on an individual basis by donation.