Mount Newton Centre Society is a not for profit organization dedicated to providing excellence in services for over 40 years, to seniors living on the Saanich Peninsula, thereby enabling them to live in their homes as independently as possible for as long as is safely possible.
Guided by a volunteer board, services provided at the Centre include: Adult Day Programs, Adult Day Transportation, Community Bathing, Blood Pressure Monitoring, Podiatry and Equipment Loans. Staff include Registered Nurses, Registered Care Aides, Bus Driver, Loan Cupboard staff, Book keeper, Cook and volunteers. The Executive Director role is the key leader of the Management Team of Mount Newton Centre and is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors. This position requires a self-starter, high energy individual. This is a part time position – 20 hours per week.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree or higher, high integrity leadership with solid organizational skills, financial management experience, strong written and oral communication skills with a strong ability for public speaking. The successful candidate will have experience and skills working with a Board of Directors in the nonprofit sector. They will have the demonstrated ability to lead, oversee and collaborate with staff. Recent fundraising experience essential including high quality donor relationship building skills and the understanding of the funding community.
Role Profile of the Executive Director at Mount Newton Centre
Reporting to the Board, the Executive Director (ED) is a senior member of the Mount Newton Centre (MNC). The ED is responsible for the overall operations and serves as a key contact for the organization, stakeholders, and community organizations. The ED provides strategic direction in the planning, delivery, and monitoring of programs and services, supporting and advancing the goal of excellence in the provision of day health services for seniors. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
- Works with the Management Team, Board and Staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled by quality programs, strategic planning, funding and community outreach.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that MNC can successfully fulfil its mission in the future
- Responsible for the enhancement of MNC’s image by being active, engaged and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
- Develops fundraising strategies, formulates solicitation procedures, and oversees all fundraising activities to enable the organization to achieve its fundraising target(s).
- Identify new potential revenue streams.
- Works closely with the management team to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising to increase the overall visibility and success of the organization.
- Assists with recruitment of Board Members and oversees the organization of Board and Committee meetings.
- Serves as primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
- Directs the development and execution of online and offline marketing strategies including execution of advertising, public relations, events, and promotions.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with various organizations and utilizes those relationships to strategically enhance MNC’s mission.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
- Degree in business or public administration, health, communications; or related field.
- Minimum three to five years of recent experience in a leadership position in the non-profit or health sector, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Evidence of continued professional development relevant to the role purpose and level.
- Experience in budget, office and financial management including budget development, administration, monitoring and reporting.
- Strong leadership skills – experience engaging with internal and external stakeholders, and leading teams to success.
- Experience supervising staff.
- Track record of bringing innovative creative thinking and fresh ideas to an organization and/ or its services.
- Experience in senior nonprofit organization and skill in working with a Board of Directors.
- Proven ability to build, manage and develop key stakeholder, client and donor relationships and understanding of the funding community
- Substantial fundraising experience and a history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results.
- Strong public speaking ability as well as written and oral communication skills – ability to convey the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers, staff, board and the overall community.
- Oversee marketing and communications- experience and confidence working with social media.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work autonomously, take initiative, make decisions and achieve ambitious targets.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- A criminal record check will be required.
To apply, please send a cover letter outlining your interest in the position, applicable job experience that you would bring to the position and your current availability. Please also send a resume outlining your qualifications, skills, employment history and achievements to Mary Cossette at: email@example.com